Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Day at the Ocean….


Nothing like a morning walk on the beach any day, however on Christmas Day it is something special. We were not the only folks to leave our cozy homes to wander the wet sand and view the low tide after so many days of unusually high tide, heavy winds and rough waters. I as usual found two beautiful small stones to bring home and put on my living room windowsill. The weather was cool, some dark clouds rolled in while we were there but it was exhilarating and beautiful.

The Area is Carl G Washburne Memorial State Park, for CoastWatcher’s http://oregonshores.org/coastwatch.php5 it is within mile 181 of the Oregon Coast, 14 miles, 23 km north of Florence, Oregon. You will find that along 101 there are many, many areas to stop and enjoy nature.

The Tide was way out, very clean beach considering the storms we have been having. There was a lot of large wood and logs washed up against the banks and of course the beach stones were all visible, and being I always find a stone or two I have to take home I found two of a color not common for the area. They sit on my windowsill now.

Here are more pictures of the area... enjoy!

Paul enjoying a walk along the water.






It became a bit cloudy, dark and beautiful.





A delightful, blessed day.
Thanks for visiting, feel free to leave a message.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Makes me want to visit the Oregon coast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edith I just noticed you comment. Thank you for commenting, yes the Oregon coast is beautiful come visit... I would love to visit Holland one day.
      I like you blog... great photos!

      Delete