It has been such a long... time since I have written in this blog of mine, a lot has happen, good and bad.. but I am still here, thanks to the almighty. I have moved to Albany Oregon to be neer my boys...I have two sons and they are a great help to me. I moved from Florence Oregon and the beaches and ocean which I miss very much, especially the National Forests... I miss living so close to nature. I am 84 years old now and one of the Covid Long Haulers... came down with it March of 2019...and at my age I probably will never be free of it. I sometimes feel sorry for myself, however I shouldn't... it is just old age moving in I think sooner then it would have if I hadn't become ill.. so we do the best we can.. right?
Albany is a nice town, city, I think over 50,000 inhabitants, lots of traffic at times and since I became ill I quite driving and sold my car... you know that is a bigger step then I thought it would be, having to rely on others to get to the doctors, dentists etc., or call a cab is hard... losing you independence is really hard. again I didn't think much about it at the time... so I am learning as I go... if anyone reads this and is in the same boat write me, always open for new ideas.
Here is a photo of my little home, I like it a lot...
It is an historic home built 1920, has a full basement really nice. Well I best get to watering my gardens and getting some other things done... hope you visit me again soon.
I love your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteMy mom has said the same things that you posted. She's 83 and lives in Hillsboro. Im 58 and moved to Albany 3 yrs ago..
I did some caregiving for my dad and mom during a transition time on their lives. My mom hated that she depended on other people for the smallest things. So I understand from her perspective and watching her be sad.
It sounds like from your other posts that you have your Faith in God to lean on. I think that having that Relationship helps so much.
I hope that you have a wonderful evening and rest well.
~Donna ~
Donna, thank you very much for your comment...I am getting better at getting old and the changes that come with getting older.
ReplyDeleteYes, my faith in God helps me to continue learning the lessons of life and depending on Him through Jesus....Bless you..