Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Nice Harvest


Small Harvest

A Quiet Day



Here I am cozy in my office, as the outside is lacking in sun and warmth. It isn’t wintry but summer appears to be well on its way out… looking out the window I see my lawn is beginning to fill up with leaves turning brown like overdone potato chips a bit on the soggy side. The vegetable garden is a bit droopy and the many green tomatoes hang there waiting for the sun to give them the warmth and energy to turn them red with delight. I picked the few red ones and put them on the kitchen counter awaiting the salad I will make for dinner, there is nothing like a bright red tomato to scream summer sun and ooze the fragrance which says summer in volumes… Yummy.



 I haven’t done much on the constructive side today, a bit of sewing and some computer jobs that needed doing. Oh, and I made some plum jam from plums I picked from a small sad looking plum tree in my yard, the tree doesn’t look like much, it’s been neglected but boy did it produce a great many plums this year. I found a simple jam recipe and it turned out very tasty. I also make marinara sauce from my excess tomatoes. Saving that for when my son comes over on the weekend. It is so uplifting to cook with home grown veggies and healthier too. Everyone should find a small spot and grow at least lettuce, even in a pot lettuce does well…  Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment